Thursday, September 2, 2010

Day 1

Well, here we go… my year of thirty begins! So far so good. I had a pretty good birthday. My roommates decorated every spare square inch of my house to greet me this morning. I had a ton of birthday wishes today. I had a great weekend this past weekend with my family and friends surprising me with a fantastic party. Overall, nothing to complain about. Still a little gun shy about being 30, but starting to grab hold of the idea a bit easier! And, the best part of all, today begins my big adventure! Can’t wait to see what each day holds!

Alright, day one’s big task... I decided that if I’m officially in adulthood, I should get rid of my one last childhoom item. This one’s a big one, believe me. Those of you who know me really well know the item I’m referring to. And, if you do know the one I mean, you’re probably completely shocked that I would ever get rid of it! Today, my friends, I said good-bye to my Simba pillow. I know… so sad… I’ve had that thing since the Christmas when I was 14. If you need me to do the math for you, that’s 16 years! That thing was nasty as all get out, but I just loved sleeping with it. It was the perfect size and it just cuddled right into your arms. But, in the words of Rafiki, “It is time.” So, I opened the garbage can, said “Hakuna Matata” and threw him in! Feeling pretty good about it tonight, but ask me in a week and I may change my mind!

I started a few other tasks today as well. I’m back on the Financial Peace plan. I really liked it when I did it before. But, I went on a trip and it kinda faded away. So, gonna give it a try again and see how it works. I also am going to get back into a daily bible study habit. Nothing too lofty, I just want something I can commit to. So I’m just going to focus on one verse a day and share it when I can. Today’s verse:

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

Looking forward to tomorrow. It begins my trip to visit my 47th, 48th and 49th states! And, for those of you that don’t think Minnesota counts since I’ve only been to the Minneapolis airport, I’ll be picking up my “46th” state as well. Love road trips!

I’ll leave you with a quote:

"Don't be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of." ~Charles Richards

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you shared this blog with me. I remember you mentioning you might start a blog and not tell anyone the website. I secretly hoped you would tell me. :) I can't wait to share your year of thirty with you - through your blog and by seeing you several times!

    ReplyDelete