Well, unfortunately today's new task wasn't any idea of mine. I have some big accomplishments lined up for the next few days, but I was still a little unsure about what to do with today. So, instead of me choosing something to do, someone else chose for me. An Illinois cop, actually. I got my first ticket in almost 8 years. So, I seized the opportunity and made the best of it. I decided I'd try a different technique to weaseling my way out of a ticket. I would just act like it was no big deal and that I typically pulled off the side of the road to have conversations with people. I was so laid back, that I didn't even get that nervous feeling I usually get just when I think a cop is going to pull me over. He told me that I was going 20 mph over the speed limit. (Apparently the highest Illinois goes is 65, that seems just crazy to me!) And he told me that I didn't use my blinker when I changed lanes. So, we chatted for a minute and it seemed my plan was going well, until... he informed me that he'd be right back. Blast. So, I'm reverting to the really upset method when getting a ticket. But hey - had to try!
Verse for the day:
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17
No comments:
Post a Comment