Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 3-6

It’s been an eventful 4 days. I’ve checked lots of things off my list! First though, let me say, that some friends really are the best. I could not have checked off so much in such a few days without Deborah and Jamie. They willingly went on a VERY long trip in a VERY short amount of time just so I could see some states. Thanks to the both of them for that. A BIG thank you goes to Jamie for driving the entire time! I was very thankful for all the little naps!

Here’s the skinny on the weekend and things accomplished:

46th State – Wisconsin
We drove through Wisconsin on Saturday. It was actually a very beautiful and green state. It was hard to imagine it with 3 feet of snow. There were outdoor water parks everywhere! I mean, don’t they know they only have about 2 weeks of hot weather in the year? We also stopped in Madison and went to the strangest place I’ve ever been to – literally. It was called Ella’s Animatronic Deli. Every decoration in the place moved. It was seriously creepy. And the food was a little creepy, too. Except, I did try my first fried pickle.



47th State – Minnesota
We drove to Minnesota Saturday night and stayed all day Sunday. There were also water parks everywhere in Minnesota, but at least in this state they made them indoors. We went to the crazy big Mall of America. We also saw some random artwork in downtown Minneapolis. And when I say random, I mean a giant spoon with a cherry in it and a water fountain coming out of the cherry’s stem. That’s how I define random. I also triumphantly tossed my hat in the air long with Mary Tyler Moore in downtown Minneapolis.



48th State – North Dakota
I spent a grand total of 10 minutes in North Dakota. In fact, if it weren’t for the map app on my phone, we wouldn’t have even known we were in North Dakota. We did pass through a town that had a sign that said Population 6. Really? I mean, how much did it cost those 6 people to put up that sign?

49th State – Iowa
Umm… yeah… really not much to say except for corn.


We also stayed the night just outside of Omaha, so Deb and I stopped at a steakhouse and had an Omaha steak for lunch.  It was seriously amazing!  And I don't even like steak!


So, here's what I've checked off this weekend:  my 46th, 47th, 48th and 49th state, my first Animatronic Deli (and believe me, my last), my first fried pickle, seeing the Mall of America, eating the best banana cream pie ever at the Twin Cities Grill and eating an Omaha steak in Omaha.

Verse of the day:

“Oil and perfume make the heart glad, and the sweetness of a friend comes from his earnest counsel.” Proverbs 27:9

No comments:

Post a Comment